Health Care Navigator
|Location:||Kansas City, KS|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability, 403B, Paid Time Off|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Health Care Navigator will assist in alleviating barriers to health care access for clients from the Emergency Assistance, Shalom House and Refugee Services programs of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas. Responsibilities include providing public health awareness, assistance in healthcare access (both physical and mental), and establishing/improving relationships with community health providers relevant to this population. EEO|
|Duties:||1. Educate clients on available health care resources for physical (including dental and optometry) and mental issues.|
2. Develop relationships with health providers with a goal of building collaboration in providing services to clients.
3. Assist clients in enrolling in programs such as Medicaid/Medicare/prescription assistance. Seek out programs that would benefit clients with health care issues.
4. Assist clients with long-term, complicated medical needs in understanding their condition, accessing services, and receiving treatment.
5. Arrange appointments for clients and assist with transportation issues to medical related appointments if no other alternative is available..
6. Manage system for providing financial assistance for transportation to medical appointments, prescription assistance and medical co-pays as needed.
7. Advocate for clients who need medical care or who have not received appropriate services Report all activities in a timely manner per grant guidelines.
8. Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• College degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.|
• Cultural competency and an understanding of its impact on healthcare disparities.
• Knowledge of community resources available in medical (physical and mental), dental and optometry.
• Understanding of Medicaid/Medicare programs and ability to explain enrollment processes to clients.
• Effective communication skills: written, verbal and non-verbal. Ability to listen and take direction. Bi-lingual preferred.
• High motivation for success coupled with excellent organizational skills, consistent follow-through and the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines while working under pressure.
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Demonstrates a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities and reducing healthcare disparities.
• Must have a valid driver’s license without restriction and appropriately insured vehicle according to Catholic Charities’ guidelines.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.