Institutional Funding Coordinator(Grant Writer)
|Location:||Overland Park, KS|
|Benefits:||Medical,Dental,Vision,Life&Disability,403B,Paid Time Off|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Institutional Funding Coordinator will work to obtain financial resources to meet the organization’s goals and objectives. Manage the grant writing functions of the Development Department by securing funding from institutional sources as well as the tracking and reporting requirements for funds received. EEO|
|Duties:||• Researches and identifies new public, private, and government funding prospects.|
• Works with appropriate staff to obtain information needed to write and submit proposals to funding agencies.
• Compiles, writes, and edits grant proposals and applications from conception through submission, exhibiting strong writing skills and exceptional command of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Works with appropriate staff to ensure required reports are submitted in a timely manner for all funds received. Maintains internal tracking system for this function.
• Prepares reports on the institutional funding efforts as requested by Development and Executive staff.
• Develops appropriate contacts/relationships with funding representatives.
|Qualifications:||• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of successful grant proposal writing experience.|
• Preserves the ethical standards of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas and the development profession.
• Effective communication skills: written, verbal, non-verbal, presentation. Ability to listen and take direction.
• Self-starter and ability to work well independently and with diverse individuals and groups.
• Experience working with the budgeting process.
• High motivation for success coupled with diplomacy, tact, excellent organizational, project management, and customer relations skills. Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines while working under pressure.
• Willingness to work during evenings and weekends as needed.
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Some experience with Raiser’s Edge, a donor management software program is preferred
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.